Killington VT - VT State Employee Association
Great screening today at the Vermont State Employee Association annual conference in Killington, VT.
We screened the film, had a quick 15-20 minute Q and A and then the audience broke into working groups tasked with answering two questions:
- Do you think collective bargaining could be taken away in Vermont?
- What do you think we need to do in order to avoid a “Wisconsin” from happening in Vermont?
These are some of the responses I recorded during the report back:
- Education – Re-educate members (of VTSEA) and citizens about labor history
- Create public service announcements about unions and collective bargaining with the help of community access television stations
- Engage in grassroots organizing because electoral politics are corrupt
- Attend Trouble Maker schools
- Show Wisconsin Rising throughout the state
It is a little magical seeing people organizing themselves in response to the lessons learned from the uprising in Wisconsin.